Saturday 30 March 2013

Session Review - Karima Francis – Crazy


More views for Karima?

(By Scott Quinn - @sq_of_bevington)            

The other night I was plugged into a good Ont’ Sofa marathon when I stumbled across a video that frankly sent shivers down my spine. If I am honest, from the outset I wasn’t very optimistic, the initial view count was low in comparison to some of the other giant successes on the channel and when the song started I was preparing myself for just another generic acoustic act but as soon as Karima Francis opened her mouth I was stunned.


A totally unassuming performance of a beautiful song, Karima has an incredible ability to instantly capture your attention and hold it for the entire 3:32 mins that the video lasts (often then making the most of the replay button!). Her voice is so crisp and controlled it’s a mystery why Karima Francis is still an artist that only few have been privileged to listen to, a reality that I reckon will be soon to change as I believe Francis is on the brink of becoming known by the masses, watch this space.

If you enjoyed this session then I highly recommend checking out Karima’s other videos on Youtube for more stunning performances and equally impressive hair! 

http://karimafrancis.com


Till next time.

Scott x 

No comments:

Post a Comment